Getting a Coach

Over the past few years of my Triathlon career I have always said that I would never have a coach or that it cost too much money. But as the season has come along this year I have done some talking with Alex and thinking myself on how am I going to get faster? Because I don't have the answer and my training methods are not working for me. My biggest goal in Triathlon is to break 2 hours in an Olympic distance race. One of the biggest setbacks from keeping me do this is my run. I can run a 10k under 40 minutes easy by itself but when you add a swim and bike in front of it, it tanks to over 45 minutes. So before Ironman Muncie I decided that it was time to find a coach to help me accomplish my goals. I chose Ben Weaver out of Columbus, Indiana. Ben is a very talented athlete himself. He owns Epic Coaching and Training which helps athletes complete anything from a 5k to a full Ironman race. He cares about his clients and designs workouts for each and every one of his athletes so that they can complete their goals. This couldn't be a better fit.

Since the beginning of July I have been working with Ben and have seen great improvements in my last two races! I think that I will be able to fulfill my goal of breaking two hours when I go to Iowa on September 4th. Deciding to get a coach was a good decision because when I see progress in my training and at races it gives me motivation to work harder at my goals. It also gets tough sometimes and workouts are hard and tiring but at the end of the day I know that I am one step closer to achieving my goals!

Thats all for now, but until next time Happy Training